Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Vintage Shopping in London

HAT & TOP - PRIMARK, SHIRT & SHOES - TOPSHOP, BAG - NEW LOOK VIA ASOS

Today I went up to London in and around Spitalfields market to gather some inspo for a dress I'm working on for school. I had a really nice time even though I didn't really find what I was looking for- never mind!

The first place we stopped at was called 'Vintage Necessarium' - located in near Spitalfields market underground in a disused public toilet (yes you read that correctly). Going in I was convinced it would smell like one but it was actually very clean and you wouldn't have been able to tell had you not known. It had some really nice things in there (including a gorrrrrgeous white lace wedding cardigan sort of thing with a super long train) and the guy working there was really sweet and helpful.

Next we went to Beyond Retro which was huge, wacky coloured shirts and leather jackets galore. I refrained from buying yet another pair of denim shorts bought a green silk scarf which I'm going to tie into a sort of headband turban.

Our last stop was Blitz Vintage - This was huuuuuge. Over two floors of rammed rails all organised in a way that made the perfectionist inside of me very happy. As well as vintage clothing they had reworked stuff too which added a really nice unique quality to it. There was also a little cafe in the corner of the shop with every tea under the sun and lots of choice of cake. The staff were all very friendly and I managed to bag a Harrington jacket for £35 - which retail at about £60-£70 when new- which I'm very excited about. Makes me almost want winter to hurry up so I can wear it....almost.

Hope you're all having a good week! 
 photo postsignature_zps264592e2.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, those shops look amazing and sounds like you had a great time! This makes me really want to visit London soon-they look like my shopping paradise!!
    Emma xo Wallflower Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Check back if you have a question because I will always reply, or you can email me at: rosie.jervis@hotmail.co.uk xx